Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
The William Burt Social Club is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
The William Burt Social Club complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We require this information to administer your membership and to provide the products and services you have requested from us and provide you with a better service for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Sending subscription notices to you.
- Recording financial transaction to your subscription account.
- Contacting you with relevant Social Club correspondence.
The William Burt Social Club will treat your personal data as strictly confidential and will retain your personal information on our Club membership database for the duration of your membership. Data will only be shared with third parties with your consent.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the William Burt Social Club holds about you;
- The right to request that the William Burt Social Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the William Burt Social Club to retain such data;
- The right to request that the William Burt Social Club provide the data subject with his/her personal data.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to
- request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Social Club Secretary, William Burt Social Club, Watering Lane, West Winch, Kings Lynn PE33 0JY.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
This policy is effective from 24/05/2018.